Thursday, March 18, 2010

I should be working but....am... not...
(because of course you could not tell that by the fact that I am on my blog)
Just spent most of the evening cleaning up surprise bodily fluids, none of which belonged to me.  After five days of happiness, Noella went back to the stomach bug with a bang.  When I picked her up from daycare, the teacher handed her over very tentatively, like you would pass a bucket of something that you REALLY don't want to spill.  She said that Noella had just had a bad diaper, and it leaked, and maybe she should not come tomorrow.  When I finally had the privilege of opening the bag of yucky clothes up after the girls were in bed, it was quite a treat.  The pants actually looked as though she had not even been wearing a diaper at all, they were so covered in poop. It had run down her legs and SOAKED INTO HER SOCKS.  I have dealt with a lot of yuckiness over the years, but these were my first poop soaked socks.  Always room for new experiences in the world of parenthood, right? 
After that I got to turn to shampooing the carpets, as there have been multiple dog pee incidents in the past two days.  Hudson had to be put on steroids for an ear infection that was pretty out of control, and one of the side effects is being extra hungry and thirsty.  Which leads to a need for extra potty breaks.  Which does not work when you have two people gone at work.  We are in the tapering down phase of the steroids, so I am hoping this won't be an ongoing issue.  And, Patrick and I will get to split the day tomorrow to be home with Noella, so the dogs should get plenty of chances to go out!
And now I will go back to work....

2 comments:

The Haskin Family said...

So sorry to hear about all the mess....Brady always stains the house on steroids. They called her a middle-aged woman who has bladder prolapse...so sad. I hope everyone is able to keep their fluids in themselves, and you get a break!

Strawberry said...

YIKES. Here's hoping things clear up real darn soon.