Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just pray.
They say that prayer works; I have seen studies that show some degree of difference in medical recoveries when patients are being prayed for.  I don't know if I always believe this, but it cannot hurt.  So pray for Mariel's friend Ari, in the hospital for treatment for Neuroblastoma, a particularly virulent pediatric cancer.  She was diagnosed over the summer, and turned 4 last week. Pray for a friend from Virginia, whose unborn baby was just diagnosed with a rare and potentially dangerous infection.  Pray that these children and their families grow and thrive and have to face situations such as choosing the right preschool.  I am.

1 comment:

Strawberry said...

Okay, fellow Indigo Girls fan here. My favorite quote:

"and the mississippi's mighty
but it starts in Minnesota
at a place where you could walk across with five steps down
and i guess that's how you started like a pinprick to my heart
but at this point you rush right through me
and i start to drown"

Are you also Patty Griffin fan? You need to be. Pronto. It helps in times like these.

Okay, so you're really sick (could see it in your face---so ghostly) and this post is incredibly sad. While I am not a traditional pray(er), I am thinking about these little people and their families and sending good thoughts and lots of positive energies.

Hang in there. This is crisis for you and the girls. You will find something you like---and promise to help if you need me!

Thanks for trucking over to the gym today ;-)