Friday, December 18, 2009

A year ago today, I was in the emergency room at Children's Hospital waiting to get Mariel's head stitched up.  It was also Noella's due date, which gave many of the doctors (and nurses, and custodians) reason to pause and look a little worried.  As we now know, there was no need- just like Mariel, Noella was coerced into being born five days after her due date.

Her first birthday party is tomorrow, with far more people than should be allowed to attend a baby's party.  Since she is my "chunky monkey" she is having a monkey themed party.  Here are the cake and cupcakes.

They are being stored VERY high overnight, to prevent any interested dogs from taking a taste.
And now I must go work on my strategies for entertaining 14 children and their respective adults.  I'm thinking pin the banana on the monkey.  I'll report tomorrow...

1 comment:

Strawberry said...

Yikes. Can this count as my RSVP? B and I were mixed up on that. We want to come---

!