Thursday, January 10, 2013

Language Lesson

The girls take great pride in helping their brother learn to say new words or to improve his pronunciation.  It is always quite interesting to hear where the lessons go.  Today, on the car ride home, it sounded like this:
N: Holden, say Grandma!
H: Pampy.
N: No, not Grampy.  Say GRANDMA!
H: Pampy.
N: (sigh) Ok.  Say Papa.
H: Papa!
N: Say Babci.
H: Babci!
N: Say Grampy.
H: Pampy.
N: Mom.
H: Mama!
N: Dad.
H: Daddy!
N: Grandma.
H. PAMPY.
(Noella emits a loud sigh of despair.  I myself was a big sister once with a brother who did not always follow my lessons, so I totally understood her sentiments there.) 
N: Fine.  Holden, say onion peel.
H: Nun un pee?
N: Good! Now say driveway!

Then, sadly, we arrived home so I did not get to hear where this new train of thought would go.

No comments: