Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So much fun, so few pictures.  I need to do better.  Or just borrow my Mom's, since she has probably taken hundreds already!   We have gotten in some visits with both old and new friends, family, a lot of time in the water, wild blackberries, dead fish (Mariel has so far caught two pre-dead fish.  To her dismay, we have not eaten them), and all of the delights that make up a summer visit to Henderson Harbor.
Tomorrow morning is the annual visit to the Jefferson County Fair.  If you don't recall my love of the county fair, you can return to blog postings for July 2009.  Thursday- Dairy cow competition, 9 AM.  Brown Swiss.  I am so unreasonably excited.  Oh, yeah- I will bring the girls, too.
The drawback to all of the excitement is some seriously overtired children by the end of the day.  Mariel is just killing me with her whininess and drama.  Today I had to carry her, literally kicking, up the stairs to get ready for bed.  She kicked the wall, at which point I (roughly) put her down and yelled at her.  We got into the bathroom, and I asked if she thought I had any more patience.  "No, Mom. You have lost your patience," she said.  "I think you have lost two patiences."  I started to laugh and agreed, "That is probably right."  "Its okay," she said, "if you ask nicely you can probably get one back."

1 comment:

Heather said...

I wish everyone came home at the same time - Little is next week, Sarah Marie is first week of August!