Thursday, June 03, 2010

If a tree falls...
According to the rules of insurance, if your tree falls on your neighbor's house or property, it is their problem. 
UNLESS you happened to know about a problem beforehand.  Then you are negligent. 
We had the second tree (neither of which were ours) fall on our property in a month. This time around, the tree in question had been split and hanging precariously over our yard for several weeks. We had spoken to the owners about it, but they did not do anything.  Now that the darn thing has actually come most of the way down, they are giving the impression that they had not done anything in the hopes that it would just fall on our land and become our problem.  So we will take down the limbs in our yard, but what to do about the large portions caught up in other trees and hanging from the original trunk?  I am perplexed; Patrick is angry.  The city is now involved.   We'll have to see how this ends, but I don't think that we will be having any cozy get togethers with these particular neighbors.  Frost wrote that good fences make good neighbors... he did not mention anything about trees.

Noella is looking better- it is hard to say "good" because on most kids the scabs/ crust/ redness would still look pretty bad.  For her, though, she definately looks good.  The steroids have helped tremendously.  We stopped that medication today, and we go to the allergist (thanks to the suggestions of our friend, "Dr. Fred") on Tuesday.  Keep your fingers crossed for us.

In the meantime I am headed to Austin for a weekend of bachelorette fun with grad school friends.  I am going to bed early tonight, since I am already exhausted.  I know that I can hold my own with the single and wild ladies (I did make it up until 3 am recently with a particularly dangerous friend of mine)... but I also know that if I do so it will take me about a week or two to recover! 

No comments: