Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fun with Lexi!
Patrick's cousin is visiting us from Denver this week.  We may send her home totally exhausted, but we have been having lots of fun.
Monday we sent Noella to school so that we could have a big girl adventure- we rented a paddle boat on the lake in Forest Park.
(sorry we are so squinty- it was really sunny!)
It took a little bit more work than I had anticipated, but we had a very fun time.  It was a little hot in sun, and we were all ready for our picnic lunch after boating.  Mariel kept telling us how much work it was and how hungry she was; Lexi and I were not sure how much energy she used up sitting and watching us paddle, but apparently it was quite a bit!  We also had some lunch companions, as several birds and ducks seemed to think we wanted to share.  We did not, so they were fairly disappointed.
Later Monday night it was time for a major event: Mariel's first musical.  I got Mariel, Lexi and I tickets to the Muny (a historic open air theater in St Louis) and the production of Beauty and the Beast.  Mariel was SOOOO excited that it even seemed worth an 8:15 showtime.  Plus (I'll be honest) I was really looking forward to it myself.
We all had a wonderful time, and she made it all of the way to the 11:00 curtain call.  She sat on my lap for much of the show so that she could see the stage, and her little heart was just pounding with excitement for almost the entire time.  I think she liked it!
Today was a little bit more low key- we played on the back porch in the morning (after Mariel and Lexi sleeping in a bit).  Noella has been enjoying wearing pony tails lately, so I tried to capture the cuteness/ ridiculousness of her new hairstyle!
The girls ended up naked, as often happens when we mix sand and water.
They decided the (closed) potty was a great resting place for a snack.
We went to the pool for the afternoon... lots more fun in the sun!  It has been lovely weather in St Louis, which is a nice change.  We may take Lexi to the zoo on Thursday- so there will be more pictures soon!

2 comments:

Barbara Ellis said...

Awwwwwwwwww.... Love those sweet girls (all four of 'em!). Hoping Lexi is helping you out this week, Anne; she's a good kid. Wish I was there, too -- but Lexi would not be having as much fun if I was! And I have to say, this blog is FABULOUS! Once I start reading I can't stop. Coming from a writer and editor, that's a pretty big deal, methinks!

Strawberry said...

Great! Love Noella's new 'do. We did the FP boating, too---just Wynn and I. I had to do the pedaling. It's a WORKOUT. Sounds like you all are enjoying yourselves.