Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chicago!
The train was entertaining, and definately less painful than trying to keep Noella in a car for 5 hours.
Mariel and I taking a picture of the skyline (as reflected in the "bean") with my lovely friend, Kimberly.  Kimberly has the pleasure of being married to a political scientist, who is also a good friend and former office mate.  They both came to Chicago for the conference so I and my children got to selfishly monopolize her time. 
 
Mariel is getting good at taking portraits! 
Mariel: Bean roadkill.
This is Noella outside of the Aquarium.  It was pretty cool and far too expensive.  Definately something that is easier to do when work is paying for the hotel room!  The dolphin/ whale show was fairly silly, but entertaining for a 4 year old.  The highlight of the whole experience for Mariel, however, had nothing to do with sea life.  She got to go on her first taxi ride and found it marvelous.  I do have to say that it was one of the nicer taxis that I have been in- so a lucky pick for such a momentous occasion!

No comments: