Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Mariel's first day of pre-school, 2009.
She's all grown up. She has been excited to go back for weeks, so this was a big day! It will be strange for me, as the nanny will usually be the one taking her and picking her up. Major control issues at play here, and I am not used to relinquishing any of my control over my kids... or, well, anything. So, we'll see how I do.
The nanny asked (as we listened to another preschooler scream non-stop for the entire 10 minutes we were on the school campus) if Mariel ever had trouble being dropped off at school. I chuckled a little. Does Mariel have problems being dropped off anywhere? Going with someone else? Um, no. She's pretty much ready to be as independent as she can get away with (at the ripe old age of 3 and a half, as of tomorrow).
Oh right, so I guess I probably do need to work on this letting go problem of mine...

1 comment:

The Haskin Family said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks!!!! Good luck with the control issues....I have them as well, but have sort of realized that I won't be happy unless I can relinguish some control to D's daycare teachers...only on certain things though, like bubbles or shaving cream activities.