Sunday, August 09, 2009

The (literal) fruits of my labor...
It was was a busy weekend of cleaning, organizing, catching up after a month away, and getting ready to start work. I organized toys, sorted Noella's closet and clothes (she outgrows things so fast!), and did the dusting, floors, etc. I also weeded the front "gardens" (I use the term loosely) as the vines and weeds in our yard were overgrown to the point that I started to feel that our house looks like it belongs to a crazy person, making me something of a Miss Havisham without the wedding dress.
I took advantage of other peoples growing skills and made baby food all weekend- Noella will not be going hungry. Here are the results of my ice cube trays: chicken, turkey, bananas, peaches, applesauce, sweet potatoes, squash, broccoli, peas, green beans, and avocado.
It was a somewhat challenging parenting weekend, as Mariel was overtired and cranky and Patrick and I were trying to get so much done. Noella was also exhausting, crawling or climbing into or up everything she can reach.
As a result of all of this, the poor dogs have been very neglected this weekend. Marley spent an hour today (I think) waiting patiently at the back door to come in. Sorry!

No comments: