Sunday, May 17, 2009

At Grandma Maryann's request:
Some photos from today. We had a good weekend- lots of yard work, play time outside, good food (hooray for strawberry rhubarb pie!), and a trip out for lunch and ice cream today. I am working on appreciating the joys of every day, and telling myself that taking care of two girls, two dogs, a home and a husband (even, occasionally, myself) is plenty of an accomplishment. It is a change of pace for me to think that this is "what I do" as opposed to my research. Its a good change, but still a challenge.

Anyway...
Here is Mariel, getting ready for the weekly treat of the Lawrence Welk show (judging by the collars, hairstyles, and men in hot pink three piece suits, we are guessing it was a 1970s edition).

Noella, playing on her play mat (which really is just a launching off place these days, as she usually rolls or ooches herself off of it in a few seconds).

And Hudson, who for some reason decided to pose as I was taking pictures.

1 comment:

Jason Martin, CFA said...

Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job of enjoying the summer with those sweet little ones! Living in the moment is the best way to live when a child is part of the picture.